Please help save these 12 Golden Retrievers from China
We are in a bit of a tough situation with our International rescue efforts. The CDC recently announced that they plan to put a stop to bringing dogs in from other countries. They believe there’s risk that dogs arecoming over with rabies which is nearly impossible as we (and all reputable rescues) follow all of the FDA guidelines which include all vaccinations. So, because of a few bad actors, all dogs who are struggling to stay alive in situations we can barely imagine will most likely die at the hands of the meat market vendors and operators.
We have been given an opportunity to partner with another rescue to bring 24 Goldens over before the CDC ban goes into effect. We will take 12 and the other rescue will take 12.
We are literally these dogs' last hope at life!
This is where we need your help. The costs to bring a dog over from China is over $2,000 per dog (flights, getting them all up to date on vaccinations, and making sure they’re medically clear to fly, etc).
Will you help us save these 12 Golden lives? If not for us, they will likely end up dead. We believe a Golden in need anywhere is still a Golden in need and we must try to save them!
The photo below shows the 12 Goldens we can save together with your help.
Any donation helps. Thank you.
The Rescue A Golden Board of Directors
Together we raised enough to save the 12 Golden Retrievers you see here! Because of YOU, they will soon know what a loving home with a loving family feels like. They will no longer live in fear, go hungry or thirsty. They will have the life they deserve and they will bring endless amounts of love to their new family.
We asked and you came through. We can’t thank you enough…and the dogs thank you even more!
Take a look at the photos. These are the 12 souls that are about to be saved. We will provide updates as their flight date nears.
Here's another recent video of the Goldens at playtime in China as they wait to come home.
Update on our Goldens in China
Until the temperatures go below 90 degrees in China, we also aren’t able to fly the dogs to a country unaffected by the ban, where they would stay temporarily until they could be cleared to fly to the US so unfortunately, that’s not an option right now.
One thing that always makes our hearts happy is seeing happy dogs. While we can’t wait to get them to Arizona, please take a look at this video — they seem to be doing well at the rescue in China and we know they’re being taken good care of while they wait to make their way to us.
Thank you again for all of your support.
Board of Directors
Rescue A Golden of Arizona
September 30, 2021 Update on our China Goldens & the CDC ban
A few days ago, 57 bipartisan Members of the U.S House of Representatives, including 35 Democrats and 22 Republicans, sent a letter to leadership at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) urging the agency to rescind its abrupt suspension of canine imports from 113 countries, effective on July 14th. In the letter, the Members called on the agency “to work with stakeholders to create a solution that protects public health but also allows responsible members of the pet rescue community to continue their work.”
You can read the entire update here. We’re hopeful that this work results in an overturn or changes to the ban that will allow us to bring the Goldens who are still being held (and cared for) in China home to the US and to their new forever homes soon.
We will continue to keep you updated as we get more information.
And just for fun, here's a "rerun" of the video on our website, showing the Goldens at playtime in the China shelter.
November 2021 Update on CDC Ban & our Commitment to the Dogs
We remain hopeful common sense will ultimately prevail. The China dogs we tried to bring to Arizona before the ban went into effect are doing well. The rescue in China is resourced to care for them, and they continue to take in more dogs. We sent some money to the rescue late this summer to help repair some of the kennels that were damaged by weather. The funds so many of you helped us raised are being reserved for the dogs we committed to in July. Our plan is to bring them to Arizona just as soon as we can, and we remain hopeful that that day will come.
June 2022 Update on CDC Ban & our Commitment to the Golden Retrievers in China
The CDC may soon allow rescues to resume importing dogs from the 113 countries they banned last July. Regulators plan to enact safety measures while seeking a permanent solution. We expect new testing requirements before dogs can leave their home countries and big changes in procedures for receiving animals in the US (LAX is one of four airports allowed to accept these dogs). If you read that to mean more time, more effort, and increased costs, you're correct — but we're up for it — we know it will be so worth it.
For those who gave so generously to help us try to get those 12 dogs out of China last summer prior to the ban going into effect — that money remains earmarked to bring International dogs to Arizona. If any of those 12 are still waiting to be rescued, they'll be first on our list. We’ll keep you posted in future publications of Golden Tales, e-blasts, and on social media.